Phocuswright, a subsidiary of Northstar Travel Group, is a global travel industry research firm focused on the intersection of travel, technology and digital. We cover the daily news of online travel and travel tech through our daily newsletter, PhocusWire and we bring our research to life at our conferences.
This team member is integral to the company's revenue growth goals and will be responsible for enabling and supporting the sales efforts for attendee registration, research, media, and sponsorship at events for the global team across various segments within the travel and technology industries. The role will include prospecting and ensuring accuracy of CRM system. This position will liaise primarily with clients located around the globe, as well as the internal sales, marketing and client services team members reporting to the sales team leader.
This full-time position may be based in Denver, Colorado or vicinity. Remote applicants may be considered.
- Assist with all phases of the prospecting cycle
- Event attendee acquisition support including prospecting and contacting potential event attendees
- Assist in providing detailed and accurate sales forecasting information as required weekly
- Leverage infrastructure and established systems to generate leads, drive new business growth and enable team to accurately track sales
- Monitor, implement, and communicate CRM standards internally; propose process flow changes and system improvements and assist with report creation
- Actively engage CRM database (Salesforce) to ensure client opportunities and leads are correctly input, ensure contact and account information is current and accurate, track activities, alert issues and share insights. May also be involved with product price books, contract templates and other sales collateral
- Assist the sales team in enabling sales pipeline development and accurate forecasting
- Respond to and/or direct incoming enquiries as required
- Travel for in-person events with internal team as required
- Provide outstanding customer service and support
- Work closely with client services and marketing teams
- Strong business acumen and professionalism, excellent customer focus, attention to detail and outstanding communication skills in all forms
- Efficient management of time, schedule and multiple priorities
- Highly organized, self-starter
- Execute and deliver results against tight deadlines
- Willingness to contribute, eagerness to collaborate with a group of talented, intelligent, motivated colleagues working across the globe
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Products, Salesforce, LinkedIn
- Travel Industry knowledge
To Join Our Team:
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Northstar Travel Group is a great place to work, learn and grow. We seek impressive individuals to contribute fresh ideas and strengthen our team in all departments and specialties. We welcome creativity, dedication, drive and passion and offer a fast-paced and fun environment, opportunity and work/life balance. You can learn more about what Northstar has to offer here.
Diversity & Inclusion:
At Northstar we are laser focused on diversity. We embrace, value and champion our employees’ diverse backgrounds and experiences that make them unique. We understand that cultivating a culture of diversity and inclusion will make us stronger. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
Our Response to Covid-19:
All Northstar new hires, as well as existing employees who attend events and/or come into contact with other employees, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and demonstrate documentation toward the same.