Custom Travel Research
You want your company to stand out in a crowded field. Phocuswright's custom research projects can make that happen.
We tailor research, data and analysis to your company's priorities, giving you a distinct competitive advantage. Our proven research methodologies give you the industry-specific data and nuanced analysis to make informed strategic decisions.
Understand consumer behavior relative to your brand and objectives
Benchmark your company's performance against competitors
Optimize your strategy for launching a new travel product, solution or business
Refine your market positioning and messaging to improve results
Identify threats and/or opportunities in the marketplace
Devise a strategy for successful expansion into new markets
Highlight your subject matter expertise as a strategic advantage in your promotional and marketing campaigns
Put Phocuswright's credible "stamp of approval" on the topics of greatest importance to you
Custom Research Project Methodologies
You need more than a few conversations to understand how executives make their decisions. Our online B2B surveys have a wide reach, targeting travel experts around the world.
- Access our database of 19,000 travel industry experts, ranging from suppliers, intermediaries and tech companies
- Distribute surveys through our connections with top travel industry associations
- Work with our travel analysts to design and execute a custom survey
Stay on top of consumer trends with research that covers technology, social media, booking habits, brand loyalty and other decisions made by travelers all over the world.
- Create sample sizes specific to your company
- Target specific traveler demographics
- Work with consumer analysts to design and execute a custom survey
Phocuswright's "man on the street" style surveys uncover a more nuanced perspective than surveys or formal interviews alone. This grassroots research is collected on the spot at a certain location, then analyzed by our team of experts.
Our intercept surveys have been conducted at numerous locations, including:
- Street corners
- Movie theaters
Our online and in-person focus groups gather personal stories, preferences and recommendations so that you can better understand and market to your target client base.
Recruitment: We have a global network of facilitators and skilled moderators that understand the global traveler psyche and meet our rigorous vetting and invitation requirements.
Partners and Facilities: We partner with the most reputable, state-of-the-art facilities that prioritize the comfort and safety of our focus group participants
Discussion and Design Management: Our industry experts develop customized, thorough discussion guides that can personalize even the most nuanced of topics to a general audience
Analysis: We analyze our focus group content using an in-depth list of categories and criteria.
Research is more than just data. In-depth executive interviews conducted by our experts allow you to dig deep into a company's perspective and goals. Interviews and responses are kept confidential. Past interview subjects include executives of airlines, hotels, travel agencies, GDSs, TMCs, OTAs and metasearch companies.
- Collaborate with clients to create unique objectives
- Build a target interviewee list from Phocuswright's extensive database of decision makers and partners
- Present aggregated and thoroughly analyzed responses
Phocuswright's desk research is driven by proprietary intelligence – more than 20 years of data on consumer behavior, market growth and technology disruption, all supported by an extensive library of syndicated research.
Research results are created as a standalone product or used to accompany a larger research project.
- Deep-dive into the activities market
- Receive a global overview of the online travel marketplace
- Review the purchasing habits of European consumer travelers
Explore some of the custom research projects Phocuswright has completed for leading travel industry companies below.
- Size the independent hotel market relative to the overall accommodation market for a leading metasearch company
- Uncover trends and quantify the size of the hostel market for a leading online travel company
- Understand technology requirements and brand strength of a leading technology provider
- Understand advertising spending and overall market trending for a major technology company
- What business travelers want versus what ancillary hotels offer
- Impact of advertising on travel to a specific destination
- Why consumers select certain accommodations
- What offerings consumers want to see by suppliers
- Path-to-purchase studies by age or other demographics
- Trace the typical consumer's path-to-purchase of a leisure trip in multiple markets
- Explore destination selection during a leisure trip for a typical consumer in China
- Learn what the MICE market needs and wants from from a destination marketing organization
- Understand why the travel trade selects certain hoteliers over others
- Learn how long-haul leisure travelers perceive certain destinations, and why they select one over another
Custom Research Project Packages
There are several ways to get the results of your custom project, whether it's a quick rundown of survey responses or an in-depth analysis of each project component.
- Grow your brand
- Detailed results with analysis and research-based recommendations
- Presentation of the results online or in-person with a Phocuswright analyst
- Cross-tabulations of survey results
- Thought leadership products, including white papers, infographics, webinars or live events
Customize Existing Phocuswright Research
Don't need a full-fledged custom research project? We can mine our existing research and put together a customized package to meet your needs.
Custom Survey Questions
Our analysts help you create brand-specific, custom questions to include in Phocuswright's annual consumer surveys for a fraction of the cost of fielding a custom survey.More Details
Custom Segment Analysis
Cross-reference survey responses to create customized output for new insights into global travelers and their preferences.More Details
Learn More About Custom Research Projects
We look forward to speaking with you about how Phocuswright can build a custom project for your team.