Each year, Phocuswright
publishes an annual report that discusses the most significant
technology-driven issues or developments that will shape travel distribution this
year and beyond. This year we again incorporate the views of our extended
analyst team, who are industry experts across a range of segments, regions and
topics. This paper features brief introductions to in-depth discussions on
these topics that will be published throughout the remainder of this year.
Highlighted trends include:
We are currently seeing
an unprecedented rate of change in the technology and business processes relating
to travel distribution. Change always brings opportunities for new and
innovative approaches, along with the potential to disrupt established players
and practices. Regardless of how it shakes out, the next few years promise to
be quite interesting.
- ONE Order: Turning Distribution Upside-Down
- Personalization or Customization?
- Al: All Grown Up, or Headed to the Trough of Disillusionment?
- Bots: The Future of Brick and Mortar?
- On-Demand and Micro-Hospitality: New Kids in Town
- Edge Computing: Back to the Future
- Voice and Biometrics: Making Travel Easier
- The Race for Platform Dominance