Travel Innovation and Technology Trends 2019
Each year, Phocuswright publishes an annual report that discusses the most significant technology-driven issues or developments that will shape travel distribution this year and beyond. This year we again incorporate the views of our extended analyst team, who are industry experts across a range of segments, regions and topics. This paper features brief introductions to in-depth discussions on these topics that will be published throughout the remainder of this year. Highlighted trends include:
- ONE Order: Turning Distribution Upside-Down
- Personalization or Customization?
- AI: Has Its Time Come or Are We Headed to the Trough of Disillusionment
- Bots: The Future of Brick and Mortar?
- Emerging Models in Hospitality: On-Demand, Micro and Pop-Up
- Edge Computing: Back to the Future
- Voice and Biometrics: Making Travel Easier
- The Race for Platform Dominance
We are currently seeing an unprecedented rate of change in the technology and business processes relating to travel distribution. Change always brings opportunities for new and innovative approaches, along with the potential to disrupt established players and practices. Regardless of how it shakes out, the next few years promise to be quite interesting.
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More