Europe Online Travel Overview 2019
Though concerns over Brexit and several high-profile bankruptcies threatened to derail growth in some segments, the European travel market advanced 2% in 2019. Offline bookings continue to decline as consumers seek out online platforms both to plan and purchase their leisure trips. Led by Europe's two largest markets — the U.K. and Germany — online bookings were projected to grow at approximately three times the rate of the overall market. This report presents findings on the European leisure and unmanaged business travel markets, with sizing and projections from 2017-2023. Additional coverage includes analysis of Europe's key travel segments and players, distribution dynamics, market challenges and more.
Note: Purchasers also gain access to the six individual European country/regional reports listed below.
Specific topics include:
- Size of the European leisure travel market, total vs. online and mobile
- Size, market share and trends for six key markets: France, Germany, the U.K., Italy, Spain and Scandinavia
- Market forecasts through 2023
- Analysis of all major travel supplier segments
- Supplier-direct vs. intermediary bookings
- Key trends and players
Also in this series: