Europe Online Travel Overview 2018
Despite economic and political challenges in the region, Europe’s travel market continues to expand. Gross travel bookings will climb 2% in 2018, with most supplier segments projected to notch at least modest gains. Online bookings are advancing faster than the overall market, and most of the online growth is now coming from suppliers’ and OTAs’ mobile platforms. This report presents findings on the European leisure and unmanaged business travel markets, with sizing and projections from 2016-2022. Additional coverage includes analysis of Europe’s key travel segments and players, distribution dynamics, market challenges and more.
Note: Purchasers also gain access to the six individual European country/regional reports listed below.
Specific topics include:
- Size of the European leisure travel market, total vs. online
- Size, market share and trends for six key markets: France, Germany, the U.K., Italy, Spain and Scandinavia
- Market forecasts through 2022
- Analysis of all major travel supplier segments
- Supplier-direct vs. intermediary bookings
- Mobile bookings by segment
- Key trends and players
Also in this series: