U.S. Online Travel Overview Sixteenth Edition
The U.S. travel sector's return to health slowed somewhat in 2015, and due to geopolitical events the market barely managed to grow at all in 2016. While leisure demand was resilient, weakness in the corporate sector was a significant headwind, especially for airlines. U.S. travelers' desire to explore and to get away is unabated, but how much they will be able to increase their travel spend is unclear. Growth in the 4-5% range is projected through 2020, bringing the total travel market to US$403.3 billion.
Phocuswright's U.S. Online Travel Overview Sixteenth Edition is a comprehensive analysis of the U.S. travel industry, providing market sizing and growth forecasts through 2020. The report focuses on the U.S. online leisure/unmanaged business travel marketplace, highlighting marketing and distribution trends for all travel segments including air, hotel, car rental, vacation packaging, rail and cruise. This comprehensive research provides a detailed overview of travel distribution in the U.S., with analysis of trends in market share, technological innovation and consumer behavior.
- Size and composition of the U.S. total and online travel markets
- Market sizing and forecasts through 2020, including breakouts for air, car rental, hotel, tour operators, cruise, rail and online travel agencies (OTAs)
- Mobile travel sizing for airlines, hotels, car rental and OTAs
- Distribution patterns and projections by segment and channe
- In-depth analysis of air, hotel, car rental, vacation packaging and cruise segments
- Consumer and technology trends influencing travel marketing and distribution
Phocuswright has followed the evolution of online travel purchasing from its inception. U.S. Online Travel Overview Sixteenth Edition is the industry standard for sizing and forecasting, providing actionable insights into the U.S. travel market.
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 email@example.com
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More