Middle East Online Travel Overview Second Edition
Between 2011 and 2014, the Middle East lost an estimated US$4.5 billion in annual travel revenue in the wake of the Arab Spring. In the coming three years however, the affected markets will start to recover. Offline bookings will rebound from their fall and regain a high share. The Middle East travel industry is forecast to rise to $98 billion by 2017, but from $71.8 billion in 2014. Online penetration is expected to catch up to Asia Pacific, and reach 32% by 2017.
Phocuswright's Middle East Online Travel Overview Second Edition provides market sizing and forecasts for the Middle East's total and online leisure/unmanaged business travel markets from 2013 – 2017. The report highlights key trends and developments shaping the region's travel and tourism industry, with insight into the unique dynamics influencing travel growth in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the rest of the Middle East.
- Total market and online leisure/unmanaged business travel bookings for 2013 – 2017
- Segmentation for four major Middle East markets: United Arab Emirates (UAE), Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Egypt
- Bookings by major travel product segment – air, hotel and car rental – along with analysis of segment drivers and dynamics
- Comparison of supplier-branded websites and online travel agencies, including key players, bookings and projected growth rates through 2017
- Role of traditional travel agencies
- Analysis of technology, e-commerce and social media adoption
Purchase Phocuswright's Middle East Online Travel Overview Second Edition to gain insight into emerging opportunities in the diverse Middle East travel market.
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 [email protected]
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More