Destination Unknown: How U.S. and European Travelers Decide Where to Go 2016
The U.S. traveler pool is the largest it's been since the pre-recession peak of 2008. Travel populations in France and Germany are also rising to the highest levels in recent years. In the U.K., however, wavering economic conditions have caused British consumers to cut back on travel – a trend that was happening even prior to Brexit. Seven in 10 travelers in the U.S., France and Germany have a strong wanderlust to see the world and value travel as an important part of life.
Phocuswright's Destination Unknown: How U.S. and European Travelers Decide Where to Go 2016 delves into the leisure travel destination selection process and provides insight into key motivating factors, preferences regarding offline and online information sources, and websites and apps used by travelers in the U.S., France, Germany and the U.K.
- Overall consumer travel trends in each market, including travel incidence, frequency and duration of trips, international travel and trip expenditure
- Destination selection patterns for domestic and international travelers (distinguishing between European travelers who travel within versus outside of Europe)
- Timing of when travelers choose their destination and the specialized process that sets destination selection apart from other travel decisions
- Motivators for selecting a travel destination and specific sources of influence
- Information sources and websites used
- Discussion of the most influential types of social media and online features in each market
Purchase Destination Unknown: How U.S. and European Travelers Decide Where to Go 2016 for insight into market differences and how to influence the destination selection process.
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 [email protected]
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More