A Market Transformed: Private Accommodation in the U.S.
Over the past decade, private accommodation has undergone a period of unprecedented innovation, growth and change. In just a few years, innovative players and a string of acquisitions have redefined the concept of a rental and brought a re-envisioned private accommodation segment into the mainstream. Today's private accommodation landscape features a new generation of rental travelers, new owners/hosts, new property managers and a range of flexible management options.
Phocuswright's A Market Transformed: Private Accommodation in the U.S. offers a detailed look at how this dynamic segment has evolved and where it’s headed in the years to come. This report presents market sizing, consumer trends, booking habits, and management options. It analyzes the new property manager, including the technology used, marketing and distribution.
Research highlights include:
- Market sizing and distribution channel analysis with projections through 2018, including rental revenue, rental traveler population, total trip volume and supply
- Extensive analysis across key rental segments: urban and non-urban, rental-by-owner and professionally managed
- The competitive impact on hotels, including the rental market overlap, traveler perceptions of rentals vs. hotels, and why and when they choose rentals vs. hotels
- A close look at the U.S. rental traveler based on an expanded survey of more than 1,200 U.S. rental travelers: what they want, how they choose, shop and book, which rental sites they use, and much more
- Homeowner and host insights based on a survey of more than 800 rental homeowners and hosts, including who they are, why they rent, and what they want
- Comprehensive analysis of the property management landscape, including market sizing and population analysis, use of technology, distribution trends, and key challenges faced