Asia Pacific is a growth engine of the global travel industry, and while much attention has been focused on the more populous China and India, Southeast Asia is emerging as a key area of focus for online travel agencies (OTAs), investors, startups and suppliers. With growing economies and a burgeoning middle class, Southeast Asia is home to an increasing population of young, tech-savvy consumers eager to travel. Representing roughly 9% of APAC's online leisure/unmanaged business travel market, Southeast Asia's online market as a whole is projected to have a combined annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14% between 2015 and 2020.
Phocuswright's The Southeast Asian Traveler provides insightful research and analysis into what drives these travelers, from dreaming and destination selection through planning, purchasing, experiencing and sharing. The report uncovers general traveler behavior by demographic, spend, incidence, motivation and destination in the key markets of Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore.
- Travel attitudes and preferences across demographics, travel behavior, trip type and destination
- Decision-making and planning variances by destination
- Key trends driving the outbound Southeast Asian travel marke
- Media and channel usage, including search engines and travel review site
- Southeast Asian traveler behavior across the travel lifecycle
Purchase Phocuswright's The Southeast Asian Traveler for the insights you need to capture your share of the region's business.
- Overview, Methodology and Research Highlights
- Key Terms
- Traveler Types by Destination
- Traveler Population
- Research Highlights
- General Demographics and Online Behavior
- General Travel Behavior
- Booking Channel and Window, Device and Payment Preferences
- Mobile Travel Adoption, Social Networking Travel Activities