Travel Innovation and Technology Trends 2018
- March 2018
- Research Type:
- HTML & PDF
Each year, Phocuswright publishes an annual “trends” report that discusses the most significant technology-driven issues or developments that will shape travel distribution in the course of the year and beyond. This year we incorporate the views of our extended analyst team, who are industry experts in a range of areas. This paper features introductions to more in-depth discussions on these topics that will be published throughout the remainder of this year. Highlighted trends include:
- In-Destination Arrives
- AI Is the Future of Travel, or Is It?
- Search As the Key to Travel Distribution
- Mobile Augmented Reality Is Ready for Takeoff: What’s the Business Case?
- Bots: A Bright Future, or Destined for the Scrap Heap?
- Caring About the Customer: What a Concept!
- Are Travel Incubators and Accelerators Producing Real Innovation?
- Will Tech Finally Improve the Hotel Stay?
- The Call Center at the Heart of the Customer Experience
- Air Distribution Rolls Out a Refresh
- Competition in the Age of Travel Commerce Kings