Will these 5 U.S. consumer trends continue into 2024?
- November 2023
- Phocuswright Research
The U.S. traveler population surged to its highest point ever in 2022, driven by strong travel incidence. Among age groups, travel incidence recovered most strongly among those over 45 years old, with both spend and frequency improving according to Phocuswright’s latest travel research report U.S. Consumer Travel Report 2023.
Will the U.S. market see these trends continue in 2024? Here are 5 more trends that the market would love to see in the next year:
- 92% of American travelers went to domestic destinations, one third traveled internationally.
- Trip lengths have nearly returned to pre-pandemic levels - average length of trip was 6.1 nights.
- 6 in 10 conducted some kind of business on their trips.
- Supplier sites become more critical as trip length and costs increase.
- More trips means wider array of online sources for research.
Phocuswright’s U.S. Consumer Travel Report 2023 provides a snapshot of American travelers’ recent behavior and travel sentiment in the post-pandemic environment. Based on a comprehensive survey of leisure travelers, this report provides a range of data and analysis on the U.S. consumer travel market.Key topics addressed include:
- An overview of U.S. travel consumer metrics, with a focus on 2022 behaviors and attitudes
- Breakdown of travel trends and preferences by age cohort
- Destination decision drivers and influencers
- Social media’s impact on the travel planning and consumption process
- Future expectations and anticipated travel plans
For further intelligence for you and your entire company, subscribe to Phocuswright Open Access.
Plus, we just redesigned Phocal Point, the powerful data visualization tool that now makes it easier to access and interpret Phocuswright data.
It's all about the data. With an updated navigation interface, new dynamic filtering, additional segment and channel breakouts in select markets and rich detailed views of 35+ markets, Phocal Point allows you to create custom interactive charts and view travel data by segment, channel, device, region and country. Our proprietary travel industry market sizing data allows you to look to the future with projections through 2026, and review historical data as far back as 2009.