Three important questions on touchless tech
- May 2021
- Phocuswright Research
As the travel industry continues to emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic, technologies that were once considered "nice to have" enhancements have become essential tools to ensure travelers' health and safety. It is now more important than ever for travel companies to provide a complete end-to-end touchless journey.
Key technologies driving end-to-end touchless journeys include:
- QR Codes
- Wearable Technology
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- IoT Powering Behind the Scenes Technology
- Digital Health Identities
Many industry sectors have already implemented touchless technology, but important questions remain:
- Does traveling through the airport without the need for any human contact, or utilizing a digital check-in experience at your accommodations, constitute a complete end-to-end touchless journey?
- What technologies have been deployed today to achieve this touchless journey goal, and what is still needed to see this vision become a complete reality?
- What are the barriers to achieving a true end-to-end touchless environment?
Innovation in travel is more important than ever, and technology will play a pivotal role in market recovery and transformation. This article is part of a content series that explores some of the most significant technology-driven trends that will influence travel distribution in 2021 and beyond.
To read the entire article, including an analysis of each of the key technologies driving end-to-end touchless tech, become a Phocuswright Open Access subscriber. With this subscription you can access the entire Phocuswright research library and unlock for your company.