- Nine in 10 Korean travelers own a smartphone and roughly half of those users booked a flight/hotel via smartphone in the past 12 months.
(Click image to view a larger version.)
- Mobile further shifts the balance of online power in favor of intermediaries.
- Speaking of intermediaries, OTAs play a leading role in the South Korean online travel market. Roughly two thirds of leisure travelers typically use an OTA for flight/hotel shopping and just under half typically book via an OTA.
- Airlines have been more successful than hotels at driving travelers direct for both shopping and booking.
- The South Korean leisure traveler population skews older compared to markets like China.
Commissioned by Google, The South Korean Digital Traveler provides a detailed profile of the South Korean leisure traveler. Topics covered include:
- General purchasing trends
- Trip drivers and motivations
- Online shopping and booking behaviors
- Attitudes toward personalization and digital travel assistants
Subscribe to Phocuswright's Open Access to gain insight from this report.