Europe's private accommodation market is growing faster than accommodations overall, and faster than the broader travel market. From 2010-2020, the market will add €20 billion in value, surpassing €45 billion in total rental revenue by 2020. Private accommodation in Europe is now a primary form of accommodation, driven in large part by the surging millennial traveler population. European travelers see rentals as mainstream, rather than as a niche lodging category.
(Click image to view a larger version.)
With this extraordinary growth, Europe's private accommodation marketing has also undergone profound change. Online booking, urban rentals, shorter stays and booking windows are remaking the landscape. The line between hotels and rentals is becoming increasingly blurred, as more and more travelers look for the best accommodation for their trip, and not necessarily a home or a hotel.
Private Accommodation in Europe: 2012-2020 provides a comprehensive view of the state of rentals in Europe, including:
- Market sizing and projections for Europe's private accommodation landscape
- In-depth analysis of key online players and their position in the marketplace
- Extensive insights on European travelers' attitudes toward renting, rental trip planning, purchasing and satisfaction
- A competitive assessment of rentals vs. other forms of accommodation and their impact on hotels
- Insights on homeowners and hosts, examining their motivations for renting, their methods, and segmentation by primary versus secondary residence rentals
Hear from HomeAway's president, John Kim, on how the company is redefining itself under the Expedia umbrella … only at The Phocuswright Conference.
How to Access
Do you subscribe to Phocuswright research? If so, great! Global and European Edition subscribers have immediate access to Phocuswright's
Private Accommodation in Europe: 2012-2020.
Not a subscriber? You have two options:
- Purchase your copy today
- Learn more about
subscribing for access to Phocuswright's library of publications.
Need something else? Our team is here to help you!
[email protected] OR +1 860 350-4084 x501