Describing the Australia-New Zealand (ANZ) online travel market as "supplier-dominated" is an understatement: a whopping 82% of online bookings will be made via supplier websites in 2013. But while consolidation and market maturity tip the scales in favor of travel suppliers, online travel agencies (OTAs) are not to be discounted. According to a new Phocuswright Asia Pacific and Global Editionreport, OTAs will outpace supplier website growth through 2015.
The ANZ travel market is projected to reach A$14.6 billion in 2013, making it the third-largest online travel market in APAC. However, ANZ is home to the highest online travel penetration in the region at 41%.
"Suppliers continue to dominate Australia-New Zealand's online market, due to a highly consolidated air segment," said Phocuswright research analyst Chetan Kapoor, "but the OTA play on higher-margin hotel and packaging sales, as well as international flights, is clearly paying dividends."
Phocuswright projects that OTA bookings will jump 34% through 2015, compared to 29% growth for supplier websites.
Phocuswright's Australia and New Zealand Online Travel Overview Sixth Edition: Suppliers Consolidate – and Lead presents market sizing and projections for ANZ's total and online leisure and unmanaged business travel markets from 2011-2015. The report also provides a detailed analysis of trends and dynamics within the ANZ travel market.
Purchase Australia and New Zealand Online Travel Overview Sixth Edition: Suppliers Consolidate – and Lead to get the data and analysis you need to thrive in the dynamic ANZ travel market.
- Total market and online leisure/unmanaged business travel bookings for 2011-2015
- Analysis of major travel product segments – air, hotel and car rental
- Comparison of supplier-branded websites and online travel agencies (OTAs), including bookings and projected growth rates through 2015
- Discussion of the OTA landscape, including key players, recent developments and the relative influence of local versus global OTAs
- Mobile trends and outlook