Latin American Online Travel Overview
Despite the global financial crisis, Latin America was one of the few travel markets in the world to experience double-digit growth in 2010. While many other regions either had marginal upticks, or else declined for a second consecutive year, the total Latin American travel market jumped 11% in 2010. In many respects, this dynamic and extremely diverse marketplace resembles what the U.S. and more developed travel markets were like 10-12 years ago, and the opportunities are enormous.
Phocuswright's Latin American Online Travel Overview presents an overview of the rapidly evolving Latin American travel market. The report covers a wide range of topics, including market sizing, segment analysis and key trends. Based on nearly 100 interviews with executives from a range of travel suppliers, intermediaries, technology providers and media sites, the report explores the current state of the market, and provides projections and insight into the years ahead. Phocuswright's Latin American Online Travel Overview includes:
- Sizing of Latin America's total and online travel markets, including projections through 2012 and comparisons to other global markets
- Analysis of the major travel product segments – air, lodging, car rental and vacation packages
- Detailed information on the specific country markets that are most influential in the region's online travel development
- Overview of the primary online booking channels – supplier-direct versus intermediaries
- Discussion of social media and mobile technology trends, and their evolving impact on the region's travel marketplace
- Examination of the fundamental dynamics, key suppliers and intermediaries that are shaping the market, including both global and regional players
With strong growth projected for the next several years, the Latin American travel market is developing rapidly, and expected to touch US$68 billion by 2012. Phocuswright's Latin American Online Travel Overview gives travel companies a solid foundation for understanding and capitalizing on this extraordinary opportunity.
Purchase today to gain insight into one of the world's most dynamic travel markets.
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 [email protected]
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More