China Online Travel Overview Seventh Edition
It's no wonder the Chinese online travel landscape is being described as the world's most exciting, especially after exploding onto the Asia Pacific travel scene, solidifying its lead over Japan as the largest travel market in the region and enjoying a quickly evolving online environment. Consumer mobility has been nothing short of extraordinary; travelers who could not afford leisure travel before now can and some who already were can now afford international trips and luxury hotels. Some factors, however, have put a drag on the travel industry, such as the unemployment rate, a slowing economic growth and national politics – but despite this, travel industry gains will continue through 2016, when gross bookings will total US$139.9 billion.
Phocuswright's China Online Travel Overview Seventh Edition presents market sizing and projections for the total and online leisure and unmanaged business travel markets in China from 2013-2016. The report also outlines the key trends that will shape China's travel market in the years to come.
Report highlights include:
- Total market and online leisure/unmanaged business travel bookings for 2013-2016
- Bookings by major travel product segment – air, hotel, rail and car rental –– including discussion of key players and segment dynamics
- Detailed online travel market analysis, including online penetration, share by segment, and unique characteristics
- Comparison of online travel agencies (OTAs) versus supplier websites, including key players, bookings and projected growth rates through 2016
- Examination of the OTA landscape – local versus global players, recent activity and comparison of business models and offerings
- Continued importance of offline fulfillment and the role of traditional travel agencies
- Impact of the mobile channel on online travel shopping and purchasing
- Importance of social media platforms and online reviews in travel research and planning
Phocuswright's China Online Travel Overview Seventh Edition provides the numbers and need-to-know facts and analysis on China's large and rapidly advancing travel marketplace.
Gain a comprehensive view of the Asia Pacific region's travel market performance from 2012 to 2016 with Phocuswright's Asia Pacific Online Travel Overview Seventh Edition. The report provides market sizing and aggregate gross travel bookings of Asia Pacific-based travel suppliers, covering 13 APAC countries' leisure and unmanaged business travel. The report includes in-depth analysis of China, Japan, India, Australia and New Zealand.
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 [email protected]
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More