European Vacation Rental Marketplace: 2011-2013
Complex, fragmented, large and dynamic, Europe's vacation rental market is weathering the economic storm well. This lodging segment has strong awareness among European travelers, and a high purchase incidence across many countries. But the market is also dizzyingly complex, characterized by a convoluted landscape of disparate suppliers and intermediaries, with significant variations from one county to the next.
Watch the Video
Phocuswright's senior director, research, Douglas Quinby, on Europe's changing vacation rental landscape:
Phocuswright's European Vacation Rental Marketplace: 2011-2013 provides an in-depth look at the vacation rental market across seven key countries in Europe: Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and the U.K. Drawing on a combination of multi-market consumer and homeowner surveys, in-depth interviews and a sweeping review of government and other third-party data, this report presents a comprehensive view of the current vacation rental landscape in Europe and identifies key trends that will continue to shape this dynamic category.
Phocuswright's European Vacation Rental Marketplace: 2011-2013 includes:
- Market sizing by vacation rental revenue and inventory supply for all of Europe, and rental revenue by country and property type
- Impact of the economic developments in Europe on the marketplace, with total European market and online market figures from 2008 and projections through 2013
- Market size and trends by booking channel (total market and online penetration) with projections through 2013
- Market share by country for vacation rental management companies (VRMCs) and rental by owner (RBO)
- Key operational metrics such as average daily rate, occupancy and length-of-stay
- Detailed analysis of vacation rental distribution, including:
- RBO model and listing websites
- Traditional travel agencies, tour operators and the role of offline channels
- Consumer behavior: examination of European vacation rental guests (VRGs) by country, with a focus on preferred destinations, vacation styles, shopping and booking behavior, drivers and inhibitors to vacation rental consideration and booking, satisfaction levels and more
- Vacation rental homeowner profiles, including number and types of properties owned, and attitudes toward property marketing and competing management methods (VRMC vs. RBO)
- Discussion of significant and evolving trends that influence the European vacation rental marketplace – technology innovations, the emerging role of social media, the importance of online booking and other features
While vacation rentals in Europe are already a mainstream product category, the market continues to mature dramatically in terms of its distribution dynamics, online penetration and revenue generated. Phocuswright's European Vacation Rental Marketplace: 2011-2013 provides the information and analysis to understand this increasingly significant component of the European travel market.
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 [email protected]
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More