U.S. Corporate Travel Report: Market Sizing and Technology Trends
While the U.S. corporate travel market fell the fastest and hardest during the recession (down 26% in 2009), the sector also bounced back more quickly than any other. Following consecutive years of strong double-digit growth, the corporate market has recovered to pre-recession levels. Despite its quick rebound, however, the industry is still in the midst of major transformation. In addition to an economic climate that remains shaky, a number of fundamental shifts are influencing how business travel will be conducted in the future.
Phocuswright's U.S. Corporate Travel Report: Market Size and Technology Trends provides a comprehensive view of the state of the managed travel sector in the U.S. It includes complete market sizing and forecasts, along with the key metrics and dynamics that will shape the arena through 2013. The report also identifies a range of technology-centered trends that are significantly impacting the corporate travel distribution landscape, including mobile usage, social media and digital cash. Data and analysis in the report are based on surveys conducted with over 150 travel managers in the U.S., and executive interviews with a range of leading players in the corporate travel space.
Key topics include:
- Corporate travel market sizing (with projections through 2013), including proportion of total U.S. travel market and comparison to leisure/unmanaged business travel
- Online penetration and the use of online booking tools in the corporate travel marketplace
- Intermediary versus supplier-direct bookings, with projections through 2013
- Corporate travel spend across key expense categories – air, hotel, car rental and rail – along with key priorities through 2012
- Most common elements prescribed by corporate travel policy, and the impact of technology on policy components
- Key U.S. corporate travel technology trends, including: IT consumerization; traveler engagement; extended personalization; brand drafting; impact of smartphones, location-based services and tablets; digital cash and more
With its detailed assessment of the U.S. corporate travel landscape – including market sizing, analysis and technology trends – this report is an essential resource. Purchase Phocuswright's U.S. Corporate Travel Report: Market Size and Technology Trends today.
Not sure this is the report for you? Contact our experts to find the research that fits your needs. +1 860 350-4084 x501
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More