Private Accommodation in Europe: 2010-2020
In just five years, Europe’s private accommodation marketplace has witnessed explosive growth. Renting is common among European travelers, and a surge in bookings has fueled growth of online distribution platforms. At the same time, a new generation of owners and hosts are getting into the rental game. This report provides a comprehensive view of the state of rentals in Europe, including:
- Market sizing and projections for Europe’s private accommodation landscape
- In-depth analysis of key online players and their position in the marketplace
- Extensive insights on European travelers’ attitudes toward renting, rental trip planning, purchasing and satisfaction
- A competitive assessment of rentals vs. other forms of accommodation and their impact on hotels
- Insights on homeowners and hosts, examining their motivations for renting, their methods, and segmentation by primary versus secondary residence rentals
Renting is now a solid mainstream accommodation option for European travelers. Purchase Private Accommodation in Europe: 2010-2020 for key insights into how this dynamic marketplace has evolved, and where it’s heading.