Both Australian and New Zealand have strong destination appeal, and a record number of international tourists is fueling heavy competition in the air segment. Meanwhile, a seven-year alliance between Air New Zealand and Virgin Australia ended in October 2018, and new partnerships and carriers look to pick up the slack, particularly in the lucrative trans-Tasman market. This publication presents a high-level view of the Australian-New Zealand travel market, focusing on the need-to-know developments, trends and stories that are impacting the market now.
This report is available for purchase as a package with:
CLICK HERE for more information and to purchase.
And for more on the Asia Pacific online travel marketplace, check out the following (available now or publishing soon):
- ANZ airlines jockey for position as international routes heat up
- Shifting alliances disrupt trans-Tasman market
- ANZ hotel supply plays catch-up
- New taxes to hit international OTAs in 2019
- Traditional agencies: still in the (digital) game