U.S. Consumer Travel Report Fourth Edition
With the steady, albeit modest recovery mounted by the U.S. economy since its 2009 tumble, consumer confidence has undoubtedly improved. In 2011, leisure travel bookings edged ahead of 2008 levels. But this improved confidence is by no means uniform, and many U.S. consumers still approach the leisure travel planning and purchasing process with extreme caution. In this still-uncertain scenario, there remains great variation in traveler behavior, travel spend, planning and booking methods, motivation and attitudes.
Phocuswright's U.S. Consumer Travel Report Fourth Edition provides a comprehensive view of U.S. leisure travel trends, along with insight into consumers' travel intentions for the coming year. This report reviews the dynamics that drove consumer travel behavior in 2011 and highlights fundamental indicators for understanding trends in 2012. Based on an online survey of more than 2,000 U.S. consumers who play an active role in planning their leisure trips, the report tracks and analyzes a range of travel-related behavior, as well as the key factors that influence this behavior.
Key topics include:
- General traveler behavior, including incidence of travel, trip frequency and duration, travel party composition and travel spend
- Travel component purchase incidence, with detailed analysis of air and lodging spend, and types of accommodations used
- Websites used in various stages of online travel planning – destination selection, shopping, purchasing and sharing
- Trip motivation and information sources used in destination research
- Traveler shopping behavior, including types of websites used, online and offline sources of information, and influence of various types of online content
- Most popular travel purchasing channels, online versus offline purchasing, and typical purchase methods by age and travel segment
With a combination of advanced metrics and discerning analysis, Phocuswright's U.S. Consumer Travel Report Fourth Edition helps travel companies understand and leverage the key trends that are driving the behavior of today's travelers.
Purchase today for fresh insight into the behavior, attitudes and preferences of U.S. travelers.
Not sure this is the report for you? Contact our experts to find the research that fits your needs. +1 860 350-4084 x501
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 email@example.com
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More