U.S. Consumer Travel Report Fifth Edition
While the U.S. economy is showing clear signs of recovery, mixed consumer signals are continuing to make vacation decisions difficult for many Americans. Improved stock index performance and a rebounding real estate market have helped to boost consumer spending. Yet a heated 2012 presidential election put uncertainty in the spotlight, and debates rage on over budget deficits, job creation, the future of social security and more.
Phocuswright's U.S. Consumer Travel Report Fifth Edition explores how these mixed economic signals are impacting traveler confidence and much more through a longitudinal analysis of consumer travel behavior. The report provides a comprehensive view of U.S. leisure travel trends, including the factors that drove consumer travel behavior in 2012 and fundamental indicators for understanding trends in 2013. Based on an online survey of more than 2,500 U.S. consumers who play an active role in planning their leisure trips, the report tracks and analyzes a range of travel-related behavior.
Key topics include:
- General traveler behavior, including incidence of travel, trip frequency and duration, travel party composition and travel spend
- Travel component purchase incidence, with detailed analysis of air and lodging spend, and types of accommodations used
- Websites used in various stages of online travel planning – destination selection, shopping, purchasing and sharing
- Trip motivation and information sources used in destination research
- Traveler shopping behavior, including types of websites used, online and offline sources of information, and online features used during travel shopping
- Most popular travel purchasing channels, online versus offline purchasing, and typical purchase methods by age and travel segment
Understand and leverage the key trends that are driving the behavior of today's travelers – purchase now.
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 [email protected]
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More