Share This! Private Accommodation & the Rise of the New Gen Renter
The transformation over the past decade in lodging’s alternative accommodations sector has been nothing short of remarkable, from the online revolution in vacation rentals to the rapid ascent of Airbnb.
Phocuswright's Share This! Private Accommodation & the Rise of the New Gen Renter provides deep insight into the U.S. rental traveler, examining who they are, how they travel, want they want, and how they shop and book. This study delves into the competitive overlap with hotels, including the extent to which renters consider and stay in hotels, whether non-renters consider private accommodation, and the potential impact of rentals on the traditional hotel market.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Historical context of the vacation rental and private accommodation markets
- In-depth analysis of the rental traveler and New Gen Renter segments
- Six key travel attitudes of the New Gen Renter
- To rent or not to rent: traveler decision dynamics around private accommodations vs. hotels
- How rental travelers shop and book accommodations
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More