European Consumer Travel Report Third Edition
Phocuswright's European Consumer Travel Report Third Edition explores consumer travel trends in three major European markets: France, Germany and the U.K. The study outlines year-over-year changes across a comprehensive range of travel metrics, including leisure travel incidence, trip frequency and duration, travel expenditure, international travel and travel product purchases. Analysis covers the use of online and offline channels during three isolated stages of the travel planning process – destination selection, shopping and booking – and provides an in-depth look at travel-related engagement via the mobile Web and social networks.
Key topics include:
- Year-over-year trends in baseline travel metrics such as incidence of travel, travel expenditure, frequency and duration of trips, international travel and travel party composition
- Consumption trends within major travel segments (lodging, air, rail), as well as car rental, packaged holidays, cruise and destination activities
- Analysis of 2012 destination types (i.e., independent destination selection, visiting friends and relatives, attending social events, etc.), as well as an in-depth look at the sources of information travelers use to support their destination decisions, and online behavior within this initial phase of travel planning
- Online shopping trends, the reasons shoppers choose specific travel websites and the types of features travelers value during online shopping
- Online/offline booking trends by market, as well as online booking trends across key travel products including lodging, air and rail
- Key mobile trends, including mobile Web penetration and frequency of mobile Web use, current engagement and future interest in travel-related mobile Web functionality
- Participation in social networks, methods for sharing travel-related experiences and activities conducted through online social networks
Phocuswright's European Consumer Travel Report Third Edition presents a robust picture of consumer travel trends in three key countries, so that travel companies can best position themselves in these complex and challenging markets.
Not sure this is the report for you? Contact our experts to find the research that fits your needs.
+1 860 350-4084 x501
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 [email protected]
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More