Mobile Hits the Mainstream: Leisure and Business Traveler Trends
With smartphone adoption crossing the 50% mark for leisure travelers and nearing three fourths of business travelers, the mobile Web is teeming with new users and fresh opportunities. Trip planning and research, booking and a range of other travel-related activities are beginning to flourish on the small screen. Mobile has indeed hit the mainstream, and travel companies must understand the impact of the mobile Web on their businesses, and how to leverage this quickly developing platform.
Phocuswright's Mobile Hits the Mainstream: Leisure and Business Traveler Trends delivers an in-depth look at the accelerating impact of the mobile Internet, with a focus on how travelers use the mobile Web for travel-related activities. Drawing on a combination of leisure and business traveler surveys, along with focus group sessions, this report provides an insightful snapshot of travelers' attitudes toward and usage of the mobile Web, and explores the fundamental trends that are shaping this dynamic channel.
Phocuswright's Mobile Hits the Mainstream: Leisure and Business Traveler Trends reveals how travelers are increasingly turning to the mobile Internet to support their travel needs – before, during and after their trips. The report includes:
- Smartphone adoption rates among leisure and business travelers, including smartphone penetration by age and operating system, and future purchase intentions
- Key metrics on mobile Internet usage, such as frequency of usage, as well as situations and settings in which travelers access the mobile Internet
- Analysis of the types of activities that travelers engage in via the mobile Web, along with their attitudes toward functions that involve location-sharing, providing personal information, conducting financial transactions and more
- Travel-related activities conducted by leisure and business travelers via mobile phone, including research, purchase and post-purchase activities
- Detailed examination of how leisure and business travelers use smartphones and the mobile Internet to plan and book travel products, including air, hotel, car rental and local activities
- Use of mobile websites versus applications for travel-related activities, including types of sites and apps, factors that drive usage, frustrations and interest in future mobile Internet capabilities for travel
- Leisure and business travel spend by smartphone ownership, operating system and mobile booking profile
The mobile platform is not just a PC alternative – it is also stimulating an entirely new realm of functionality and engagement. Phocuswright's Mobile Hits the Mainstream: Leisure and Business Traveler Trends helps companies keep up with this evolving platform and hone their strategies for new frontiers in mobile communication and commerce.
Also available: Mobile Hits the Mainstream: Technology and Industry Trends (an Innovation Edition publication). This report studies the trends shaping mobile travel worldwide, tracking mobile device adoption in key global markets.
Not sure this is the report for you? Contact our experts to find the research that fits your needs. +1 860 350-4084 x501
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 [email protected]wright.com
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More