Comprising 11 independent countries, Eastern Europe is a land of contrasts, and remains difficult to neatly define. In addition to some fundamental cultural and language differences, the nations of Eastern Europe have divergent infrastructures, economies and travel markets. Russia is the giant among these countries, anchoring the region's economy and representing more than half of total travel sales. The relatively tiny Greece also impacts travel, yet has become the beleaguered symbol of the continent's monumental debt crisis. Meanwhile, the region is experiencing explosive online travel sales, despite having the world's lowest online penetration rate. Making sense of Eastern Europe and its dynamic travel market is no small challenge.
On September 12, Phocuswright presented an exclusive webinar to reveal the unique characteristics, challenges and opportunities of Eastern Europe's travel marketplace. Combining fresh data with expert analysis and insightful discussion, A Sleeping Giant Awakens: Eastern Europe's Online Travel Market uncovers the defining trends, products and players that are shaping the region's travel landscape.
Presenter: Krassi Simonski, Market Analyst, Eastern Europe
Moderator: Lorraine Sileo, Vice President, Research
- Leisure and unmanaged business travel market sizing – both total and online – including projections for the near future
- Latest trends impacting key travel segments – air, hotel, rail, tour and more
- Key differences and similarities across geographic markets in the region and the world
- Spotlight on Russia, including technology trends, challenges, and the online travel agency (OTA) landscape
- Growth of online bookings (supplier-direct and OTAs), mobile, social and more
- Key players in the region, and what to watch for in the years ahead
Find out what distinguishes Eastern Europe from other markets, and why travel companies are keeping a close eye on this space. Purchase A Sleeping Giant Awakens: Eastern Europe's Online Travel Market today.
Questions? Contact our experts: +1 860 350-4084 x501