Japan Online Travel Overview Seventh Edition
As Japan climbs out of its post-tsunami slump, the demand for travel returns to its consumers, signaling an upturn in the overall travel market. In local currency, Japan's travel market growth outpaced China's – albeit by a small margin. Online penetration, however, still indicates a maturing market. Only one-third of all travel bookings in Japan were made online in 2013.
Phocuswright's Japan Online Travel Overview provides market sizing and forecasts for Japan's total and online leisure/unmanaged business travel markets from 2012-2016. In addition, the report discusses the key trends and developments shaping Japan's travel and tourism industry.
Report highlights include:
- Total market and online leisure/unmanaged business travel bookings for 2012-2016
- Bookings by major travel product segment – air, hotel rail and car rental – along with analysis of segment drivers and dynamics
- Comparison of supplier-branded websites and online travel agencies (OTAs), including key players, bookings and projected growth rates through 2016
- Analysis of the OTA landscape – local versus global players, business models and segment performance
- Impact of mobile, search, metasearch and social
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 [email protected]
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More