Japan Online Travel Overview Eighth Edition: Inbound on the Rebound
Inbound tourism buoyed Japan's travel market in 2014, helping it post its second straight year of 6% growth in yen terms, even as the broader economy slumped. At $81 billion, the total travel market was essentially flat in 2014, but moderately healthy gains will continue for the next few years. Japan will remain Asia Pacific's second largest travel market.
Phocuswright's Japan Online Travel Overview Eighth Edition provides market sizing and forecasts for Japan's total and online leisure/unmanaged business travel markets from 2014-2017. In addition, the report discusses the key trends and developments shaping Japan's travel and tourism industry.
Report highlights include:
- Total market and online leisure/unmanaged business travel bookings for 2014-2017
- Bookings by major travel product segment – air, hotel rail and car rental – along with analysis of segment drivers and dynamics
- Comparison of supplier-branded websites and online travel agencies (OTAs), including key players, bookings and projected growth rates through 2016
- Analysis of the OTA landscape – local versus global players, business models and segment performance
- Impact of mobile, search, metasearch and social
Phocuswright's Japan Online Travel Overview Eighth Edition provides a comprehensive look at this unique and complex travel marketplace – purchase today.
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 [email protected]
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More