China Online Travel Overview Sixth Edition
China's position as a force in global travel and tourism has been on the rise in recent years, and in 2012, the country surpassed Japan to become the largest market in Asia. China's total travel market will continue its double-digit growth for the next several years, and online travel bookings will climb past the US$30 billion mark by 2015. Yet despite the continued growth and strong demand for travel among the country's expanding middle class, challenges to the broader economy will mitigate growth to some extent.
China Online Travel Overview Sixth Edition presents market sizing and projections for the total and online leisure and unmanaged business travel markets in China from 2011-2015. The report also outlines the key trends that will shape China's travel market in the years to come.
Report highlights include:
- Total market and online leisure/unmanaged business travel bookings for 2011-2015
- Bookings by major travel product segment – air, hotel, rail and car rental – including discussion of key players and segment dynamics
- Detailed online travel market analysis, including online penetration, share by segment, and unique characteristics
- Comparison of online travel agencies (OTAs) versus supplier websites, including key players, bookings and projected growth rates through 2015
- Examination of the OTA landscape – local versus global players, recent activity and comparison of business models and offerings
- Emergence and impact of other online intermediaries, including metasearch and online shopping malls
- Continued importance of offline fulfillment and the role of traditional travel agencies
- Impact of the mobile channel on online travel shopping and purchasing
- Importance of social media platforms and online reviews in travel research and planning
Phocuswright's China Online Travel Overview Sixth Edition provides the numbers and need-to-know facts and analysis on China's large and rapidly advancing travel marketplace.
Purchase China Consumer Travel Report AND China Online Travel Overview Sixth Edition together and save! CLICK TO LEARN MORE
Not sure this is the report for you? Contact our experts to find the research that fits your needs.
+1 860 350-4084 x501
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 [email protected]
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More