Traveler Technology Survey 2011
SummaryUnderstanding how consumers embrace and interact with emerging technology is important for any business. But as part of an industry that is constantly being transformed by new technology, players and business models, travel companies must be especially vigilant about the impact of innovation.
Phocuswright's Traveler Technology Survey 2011 examines the relationship between emerging technologies and the leisure traveler, with a focus on social networks, smartphones and other mobile devices. The research provides information and insight into how consumers' attitudes toward (and usage of) these devices and platforms impact their travel experiences – before, during and after their trips. Based on a consumer survey of more than 1,900 online travelers in the U.S., Phocuswright's Traveler Technology Survey 2011 helps travel companies understand how consumers adopt and use social media and mobile technology, outlining the implications and opportunities for their businesses. Report highlights include:
- Analysis of online travelers' ownership and adoption of mobile phones, smartphones and Web-enabled devices, including PCs, tablets and more
- Detailed examination of travelers' mobile Internet usage, highlighting travel-related mobile activities such as pre-trip research, mobile bookings and a range of in-travel mobile activities (navigation/mapping, flight check-in and social network trip updates)
- Discussion of social network participation among online travelers, analyzed by network (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, etc.), traveler age and frequency of use
- Overview of general and travel-related social network activities, and the influence of social media channels on travel-purchasing decisions
- Segmentation of leisure travel expenditure by key characteristics including technology adoption, smartphone ownership and social network activity
Social networks and the mobile Internet have begun to exert a strong influence on how consumers plan, purchase and experience their leisure travel. PurchasePhocuswright's Traveler Technology Survey 2011 to gain the necessary insights to stay on top of these dynamic travel technology trends.
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 [email protected]
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More