India Online Travel Traffic Report
SummaryIndia's online travel market is booming, with online leisure/unmanaged business travel bookings projected to account for one third of the total Indian travel market by 2012. Yet despite its significant growth potential, success in the Indian market is not guaranteed. Rather, it is contingent upon understanding complex consumer shopping behavior and the unique factors impacting individual travel segments and channels. Phocuswright partnered with global digital intelligence provider comScore, to measure and analyze Indian Web traffic within the travel category.
Phocuswright's India Online Travel Traffic Report analyzes traffic volume, growth, cross-visitation and source/loss patterns across key travel subcategories, including online travel agencies, rail, airlines, hotels and more. The report examines the dynamics between supplier and intermediary channels as well as the dominance of local versus global travel companies for individual travel segments. The online travel traffic patterns highlighted in this report illuminate sector-specific dynamics and track the emergence of social media and metasearch within the Indian travel market.
Key topics include:
- Traffic to key travel website categories for the 15-month period from 4Q09 – 4Q10 including
- Online travel agencies (OTAs)
- Rail and ground transportation
- Traveler reviews
- Travel website rankings within each travel category, including traffic and unique visitor growth
- Segment-specific comparison of traffic to supplier websites versus OTAs
- In-depth analysis of key online players, including cross-visitation, source and loss traffic
- Online traveler segmentation based on online activity, and insight into which travel websites are attracting the most likely bookers
As more of India's population of 1.2 billion access the Internet, the share of Indians capable of shopping for and booking travel online will continue to grow. Phocuswright's India Online Travel Traffic Report illuminates the unique growth dynamics impacting the Indian online travel market.
Online travel traffic reports are also available for these APAC regions:
Purchase the package of all four region reports (Australia, China, India, Japan).
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 email@example.com
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More