Japan Online Travel Overview Report
While the Asia Pacific region's emerging markets are often the ones making headlines, Japan boasts APAC's largest online travel market and the world's third-largest travel market overall. The country continues to feel the effects of lingering economic stagnation and is slowly recovering from the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami. Although Japan's travel market growth will remain sluggish through 2015, relatively stronger online bookings gains are narrowing the gap between Japan and the world's most mature online travel markets.
Phocuswright's Japan Online Travel Overview provides market sizing and forecasts for Japan's total and online leisure/unmanaged business travel markets from 2010-2015. In addition, the report discusses the key trends and developments shaping Japan's travel and tourism industry.
Report highlights include:
- Total market and online leisure/unmanaged business travel bookings for 2010-2015
- Bookings by major travel product segment – air, hotel, rail and car rental – along with analysis of segment drivers and dynamics
- Comparison of supplier-branded websites and online travel agencies (OTAs), including key players, bookings and projected growth rates through 2015
- Role of traditional travel agencies and tour operators
- Analysis of the OTA landscape – local versus global players, business models and segment performance
- Impact of mobile, search, metasearch and social
Phocuswright's Japan Online Travel Overview provides a comprehensive look at Japan's unique and complex travel marketplace.
Not sure this is the report for you? Contact our experts to find the research that fits your needs.
+1 860 350-4084 x501
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 [email protected]
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More