China Online Travel Overview Fifth Edition: The Giant Has Awoken
Many travel markets have been slow to recover from the global recession, but China's travel industry tells a very different story. China's total travel market will nearly double between 2008 and 2013. The online market has been particularly explosive: consistent double-digit growth will drive online bookings past the US$15 billion mark by 2013. And with several of the country's large Internet players actively investing in the travel category, market growth is poised to remain strong for the long term.
PhoCusWright's China Online Travel Overview Fifth Edition: The Giant Has Awoken presents market sizing and projections for China's total and online leisure and unmanaged business travel markets from 2009-2013. In addition, the report discusses the key developments that are shaping China's rapidly expanding travel and tourism industry.
Report highlights include:
- Total market and online leisure/unmanaged business travel bookings for 2009-2013
- Bookings by major travel product segment – air, hotel, rail and car rental – along with analysis of key segment drivers and dynamics
- Analysis of the explosive online travel market, including share by segment, online penetration and unique characteristics
- Comparison of supplier-branded websites and online travel agencies (OTAs), including key players, bookings and projected growth rates through 2013
- Role of traditional travel agencies and the continued importance of offline fulfillment
- Examination of the OTA landscape – local versus global players, recent activity and comparison of business models and offerings
- Impact of government policy and market regulation, social media, mobile, flash sales and traveler review websites
PhoCusWright's China Online Travel Overview Fifth Edition: The Giant Has Awoken provides a comprehensive look at China's unique and increasingly influential travel marketplace.
Not sure this is the report for you? Contact our experts to find the research that fits your needs. +1 860 350-4084 x501
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More