Presentation: Upward and Onward: Phocuswright's Indian Consumer Travel
India's travel marketplace was long hampered by poor infrastructure, government bureaucracy, offline inefficiencies and limited choice. A combination of sweeping economic reforms and rapid technological advances, however, has transformed the market. Innovation and entrepreneurship have introduced new, more efficient online travel tools and services. India's growing middle class – increasingly affluent and upwardly mobile – has developed a strong appetite for travel and the means to satisfy it. In 2011, the Indian travel market rose 14%, and double-digit growth through 2013 will push the market past the US$24 billion mark.
Upward and Onward: Phocuswright's Indian Consumer Travel, a Phocuswright Webinar held May 30, 2012, addresses the state of the country's travel market – including market sizing and projections – and reveals how today's Indian travelers plan and purchase their travel.
Moderated by Douglas Quinby, senior director, research, this event explores the behavior, attitudes and preferences of Indian travelers. Joining Douglas to share their insight and present key findings from the recently published Phocuswright's India Online Travel Overview Fifth Edition: When Fast is Not Fast Enough and Phocuswright's India Consumer Travel Report are Julien Beresford, senior research analyst, and Deepak Jain, research associate. The format consists of a 45-minute presentation, followed by a 15-minute Q&A session.
Key topics include:
- Market sizing and projections through 2013, including online versus offline bookings
- Profile of Indian travelers, including age, education level, annual household income and languages spoken
- Typical traveler behavior: number and length of trips, domestic versus international travel, average leisure travel spend and future travel intentions
- Popularity and amount spent on a range of travel components – air, hotel, rail, bus, vacation packages, destination activities and more
- Online travel planning activity throughout the trip life cycle – destination selection, shopping, purchasing and sharing
- Mobile and social media adoption, and how Indian consumers use these platforms for travel-related activities
Upward and Onward: Phocuswright's Indian Consumer Travel provides fresh insight into the Indian travel market and how today's Indian consumers plan, book and share their travel experiences.
Questions? Contact our experts: +1 860 350-4084 x501
- India Online Travel Overview Fifth Edition: When Fast is Not Fast Enough
- India Consumer Travel Report
- Report Package (Save 15% when you purchase both reports)
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 email@example.com
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More