In the last several years,
conversational bots – computer programs that enable text conversations – have
been among the hottest technology topics. Startups and traditional travel
players have launched a variety of chatbots focusing on customer services, trip
planning and booking. This analysis reviews the current state of chatbots and
how they are being implemented by travel companies, and discusses the future
impact of this technology on the travel search-shop-buy experience.
- What are Next-Generation Bots?
- Bots on Messaging Platforms
- Bots, Humans or a Hybrid Model
- Are Chatbots an Interim Step to Voice-Enabled, Human-to-Machine Conversations?
- Chatbots and the Impact on Search-Shop-Buy
- Examples of Travel Bots and Human-Driven Texting Solutions
- New Leisure Travel Services
- Corporate/Business Travel Services
- Ground Transportation