When They Get There: Activities, Attractions, Events and Tours in Europe
In-destination activities are often central to the leisure travel experience – yet the activities, attractions, events and tours that travelers engage in once they arrive in their destination have been largely excluded from the broader travel distribution ecosystem. In the past decade, however, excitement over travel activities has grown as technological innovation creates fresh prospects for online and mobile distribution. While the segment's substantial complexity and fragmentation inhibit rapid change, significant opportunity remains.
Phocuswright's When They Get There (and Why they Go): Activities, Attractions, Events and Tours in Europe provides a definitive view of the travel activities opportunity in Europe with a comprehensive look at more than 30 types of travel activities across five key countries in Europe – France, Germany, Spain, Italy and the U.K. The report provides insight into progress made in the broader travel activities ecosystem in the past several years and examines lingering barriers to online and mobile activities growth.
Webinar Recording With Report Purchase
Purchase this report and receive the presentation deck and autio recording of the April 2 webinar, When They Get There: Tours & Activities in Europe.
Key topics include:
- Market sizing and forecasts for the European travel activities market from 2012-2015, including breakouts by activity type
- In-depth analysis of the travel activities opportunity, including key players, marketplace dynamics, and prospects for new entrants, established players and would-be disruptors
- Traveler behavior in relation to in-destination services, including research, shopping and booking trends; key drivers and inhibitors; advance purchase patterns; and the importance of individual activities within the trip lifecycle
- The role and impact of emerging technologies, including reservation and distribution technologies, social media and mobile
- Challenges and opportunities for travel suppliers, distributors and technology providers
What is Open Access
An Open Access subscription provides company-wide access to the whole library of Phocuswright’s travel research and data visualization.Learn More
Curious? Contact our team to learn more:+1 860 350-4084 501 [email protected]
What is Open Access+
With Open Access+, your company gets access to Phocuswright's full travel research library and data visualization PLUS Special Project deliverables.Learn More