Tradeoffs and Transitions: European Consumer Travel Trends (September 27, 2012 webinar) presents an overview of the status of consumer travel in three distinct markets – France, Germany and the U.K. Despite austerity measures, high unemployment and shaken consumer confidence, travel companies in Europe will ring up more sales in 2012 than they did the previous year. Yet European travelers are making tradeoffs, prioritizing the travel components and trips that matter most and cutting or compromising on the rest.
This one-hour event is led by Carroll Rheem, Phocuswright's senior director, research, and moderated by Florence Kaci, director, sales, EMEA and European market specialist. The format consists of a 45-minute presentation, followed by a 15-minute Q&A session.
Tradeoffs and Transitions: European Consumer Travel Trends provides insight into complex shifts in travel patterns within these key markets, essential knowledge for travel companies navigating the European travel landscape.
- Key behavioral indicators, including trip frequency and duration, travel spend and intentions for the upcoming year
- Similarities and differences in traveler attitudes and behavior across European markets
- Major trends shaping lodging, air and other travel segments
- Analysis of the travel planning process – destination selection, shopping and booking - and how different consumers approach each phase
- Review of online and offline channel usage, including the information sources travelers use to make decisions
- Social media and mobile device adoption and activities
Download this recording and presentation deck to understand changing behaviors and preferences among travelers in France, Germany and the U.K.