Fraud and the U.S. Travel Agency Marketplace
- July 2016
- Mary Pat Sullivan, Maggie Rauch
The travel agency community in the U.S. has undergone extraordinary changes since the rise of online travel; the agency population is smaller, more sophisticated and successful after having adopted their business to market changes. However, the way these businesses tackle the issue of fraud is still in need of an overhaul. Almost every agency reports losing money to fraud, but the current plan of attack is almost entirely manual.
In Partnership With IATA
On Thursday, July 14, 2016, Phocuswright's leisure travel analyst, Mary Pat Sullivan, Nathan Wood, director, product management at CyberSource, explored the impact of fraud on today's agency landscape, including the fraud rate of travel bookings and the revenue impact on agencies. Moderated by Phocuswright's senior research analyst, Maggie Rauch this 35-minute presentation includes a Q&A segment.
- An assessment of the state of fraud in the U.S. travel agency marketplace, including leisure, corporate and blended agencies
- How agencies address fraud, including the technology and tools used
- Current benchmarks for fraud rates and current prevention practices across agency segments and various points of sale
- Best practices shared by leaders in the market from Amadeus and CyberSource
Download the presentation deck and audio recording of this FREE webinar to understand where your business is vulnerable to fraud and gain the tools and practices for a strong defense.