Hostels Reimagined Key Trends Shaping the Global Hostel Marketplace
- July 2016
- Douglas Quinby
For travelers and industry insiders alike, the term "hostel" brings to mind cheap, dorm-style accommodations catering to budget-conscious backpackers. But no more. While low-cost remains central to their business, today's hostels include a more diverse range of possibilities, like private rooms, hotel-like amenities and event en-suite bathrooms. Travelers are increasingly exploring new types of lodging options, and a re-envisioned hostel experience has potential appeal to a broader segment of explorers seeking something different.
On Thursday, June 30, 2016, industry experts explored the five trends that are driving transformation across the global hostel marketplace, including an in-depth discussion with three leaders in the hostel industry. This 35-minute presentation includes a Q&A segment.
| Douglas Quinby
| Feargal Mooney
| Chris Martin
| Joe Lynch
YHA England & Wales
Webinar topics include:
- The structure, size and outlook of the global hostel market
- A look at traveler booking behavior, including mobile, OTAs and direct
- An assessment of key trends in product, service, design and distribution among hostel operators
- A look at what drives today's hostel travelers, how they choose and how they book
- An analysis of the non-hostel traveler and opportunities to convert
Download the presentation deck and audio recording today to better understand this highly fragmented segment, as well as the type of traveler likely to spend a few nights in today's re-envisioned hostel.