Discover the perfect resource for career growth.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I choose a mentor? First, complete your profile to inform others in the program about what you're looking to gain out of the mentorship. Then browse through the list of mentors and send a mentoring request to those you would like to connect with.
- How long will the mentors be available? We ask our mentors to make commitments of at least six months in order to ensure that the mentee is able to fully benefit from the relationship. If a mentor must leave the relationship early, we request at least one month's notice in order to search for a replacement mentor with similar background.
- What should I do if my mentoring relationship isn't going well? We encourage letting the mentor know about the situation and contacting a program administrator as soon as possible. We will provide our full support to resolve the situation in a positive and satisfactory manner.
- Take a proactive role in shaping the relationship.
- Understand what you want from the mentoring relationship and communicate your goals and aspirations to your mentor. Balance a personal and professional relationship with your mentor.
- Set aside time for the mentoring process and keep all scheduled appointments with your mentor.
- Put the time with your mentor to its best use. Come to your meetings with planned topics for discussion.
- Respond in a timely manner to your mentor's feedback. Respond to emails from your mentor within two days of receipt.
- Be open and honest with your mentor about your challenges and weaknesses.
- If something concerning the mentor needs to be discussed with others, it should first be discussed within the mentoring relationship.
- Ask for advice on everything. Have a purpose in each request.
- Blame the mentor if his or her advice doesn't work out.
- Expect the mentor to know all the answers.
- Commit yourself to obligations you cannot keep.
- Cancel meetings/visits with your mentor at the last minute.