A Phocuswright Special Project
The COVID-19 pandemic saw stakeholders accelerate investments and activity in various areas related to sustainability.
- Travelers are increasingly aware of the impact of their actions on destinations and host communities. Interest in the environment and will impact their future travel decisions.
- Travel companies are introducing initiatives to reduce carbon emissions, conserve nature and help local communities. Sustainable practices are now a core business priority driven by consumer expectations.
- Destinations are rebooting their tourism strategies to protect their people, heritage and economies. Introducing caps on visitor numbers, adding fees, encouraging tourists to visit lesser-known places and off-the-beaten-path and promoting local food, activities and experiences are among the actions being taken or considered.
With ‘sustainability’ not a buzzword anymore, it is imperative for travel brands to understand the changing consumer and how purchasing decisions are impacted by their attitudes towards sustainability.
Responsible and eco-friendly brands can not only make a meaningful contribution to the planet and society but also gain a competitive advantage. Those who still ignore the shift risk getting left behind.
Phocuswright aims to help the industry:
- Gain insights into the new-age conscious traveler and their awareness, attitudes, motivations and behaviors
- Learn about destinations’ approaches to a thriving tourism ecosystem
Key Questions To Be Addressed
The Traveler View
What is the profile of the conscious traveler?
What is the level of awareness of sustainability as it relates to travel among consumers? What is important to them?
What do they perceive to be their most harmful actions?
How do sustainability concerns impact destination selection and product decisions?
Which measures to support sustainability are most acceptable to travelers? What are they willing to pay more for?
The Destination View
What does sustainability really mean for destinations?
What approaches are destinations taking to overcome challenges like over-tourism in the near term? How are they thinking about and transitioning to new tourism models for long-term benefit?
How are they collaborating with other stakeholders to achieve their strategic aims?
What are their expectations from travelers? How can they encourage travelers to behave more responsibly?
How are they messaging and marketing sustainable practices to attract visitors?
Learn more about Phocuswright Special Projects:
Sponsorship levels & deliverables »
Add-on options »
Project timeline »
Design Your Own Sponsorship Package
Let us create the sponsorship package that's right for your company.
Contact our team today: +1 860 350-4084 x501 • Email