"Your research and presentation proved to be a great investment."
Free For: Innovation Subscribers
In 2010, the environment for innovation and technology investment was somber. The travel industry was struggling to recover from a significant and far-reaching recession. Nevertheless, PhoCusWright was able to develop a reasoned and mostly realized set of innovation and technology predictions. But the canvas for 2011 predictions is quite different. The business and consumer worlds, while still dealing with the effects of the recession, are entering a period of recovery – a renaissance that applauds and sustains new ideas, new approaches and new discoveries. This new world is global from a sales and marketing perspective, largely due to the emerging consumer class in Brazil, Russia, India and China (the BRIC countries).
Table of Contents
PhoCusWright's 10 Travel Innovation and Technology Trends (technology overview and examples included for each)
- Relevance is the Key to the Future
- The Democratization of Content: Power to the People or a New Form of Control?
- Leading-Edge Companies Embrace Social E-Commerce
- New Ways to Shop: Breaking the Mold
- The Search for the Killer App: The Brass Ring Still up for Grabs
- Differentiation Through Better Customer Service
- Games People Play: The Physical and Virtual Worlds Collide
- Content, Devices and User Interfaces Converge
- Merchandising and the Battle for the Customer (or Wallet Share)
- The Internet of Things: Finally a Better Travel Experience