Join the Team: Content Manager
Phocuswright is recruiting a content manager to join our team and help ensure and elevate the quality, consistency and timeliness of our travel research content – articles, reports, presentations, graphics and more. Qualified candidates will have strong writing and editing experience, along with proficiency with other tools used to prepare, edit and publish our research content. Familiarity with business content and/or the travel industry is a plus. Primary job responsibilities will be to create, review and edit a range of research-oriented content for publication on the Phocuswright website and/or for presentation to Phocuswright's research clients. This role involves working with internal and external research team members, sales, marketing, copyeditors and other content stakeholders.
Location: U.S. (Remote)
- Review and edit research articles, reports, presentations and surveys prior to publication, ensuring speed, consistency and adherence to Phocuswright style.
- Create and/or edit charts, graphs and figures for use in research deliverables, using market sizing and other industry data.
- Prepare front matter and other introductory material to explain and promote research content.
- Work with internal research analysts and various outside contributors to ensure content quality and adherence the editorial production schedule.
- Audit Phocuswright research website to ensure the published content appears correctly.
- Use editorial content management system (CMS) to modify and re-publish content as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Business/research/travel writing background a plus.
- Proficiency with both MS PowerPoint and Excel for chart creation and other data visualization.
- Attention to detail is a must, for proofreading, data/numbers checking, application of editorial style guide, etc.
- Excellent communications skills, especially as most communications are via email, MS Teams, Zoom or other conferencing platforms.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, for managing and tracking multiple projects at various stages.
- Ability to work effectively independently, as well as with internal and external teams.
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Outlook
- Some content management system (CMS)
Related Work Experience
- Minimum 2 years of editorial and/or content-related work experience.
- Experience in travel industry or business websites is a plus.
Formal Education or Equivalent
- College degree is required.
Phocuswright is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northstar Travel Group which offers a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and a dynamic and exciting culture.
Northstar Travel Group is laser focused on diversity. We embrace, value and champion our employees’ diverse backgrounds and experiences that make them unique. We understand that cultivating a culture of diversity and inclusion will make us stronger. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.