This role will focus heavily on sales for events sponsorships but will integrate opportunities for research and digital media products. A successful business development director will leverage technology and work with the global sales team to share leads, information and best sales practices to meet or exceed sales revenue, expand our customer base.
This is primarily an inside sales role, although it will involve visiting clients as needed. Candidates from anywhere in the United States are welcome to apply. This role may be home-based or may be based in one of our offices throughout the country. Occasional travel to conferences is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities »
Demonstrated high level of skills and knowledge are necessary in the following areas:
- 5+ years of sales in the travel industry and/or technology/emerging trends
- Managing a budget and a quota
- Collaborating with teams
- Organization and project management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Execute and deliver results against tight deadline
- Strong computer skills required:
- Required: Microsoft Office Products, Salesforce, LinkedIn
- Preferred: Sales Prospecting Tools (Owler, Hunter, Clearbit)
We offer a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and a dynamic and exciting culture. Check out what our employees have to say: http://www.northstartravelgroup.com/about-us/join-the-team.
Phocuswright/Northstar Travel Group is an equal opportunity employer.