"Your research and presentation proved to be a great investment."
Free For: Global and Webinar Subscribers
Latin America encompasses more than 20 countries spread across Central and South America. While many of these nations share linguistic, cultural and other affinities, there are quite significant differences among them. In addition to geographical, political and economic variations, consumers in the region are distinguished by their unique characteristics, preferences and behaviors. Ultimately, Latin America is a multiplicity of regions, and this uniqueness applies to their travel markets as well.
Strong economic gains, government initiatives, an expanding middle class and heightened awareness and adoption of technology are transforming Latin America from a peripheral player to one that significantly impacts the worldwide travel industry. As online travel gains slow in more mature markets, travel companies are looking to emerging regions for the next wave of growth.
Let's Get Growing: Latin America's Dynamic Online Travel Marketplace, a PhoCusWright Webinar, explores the region's rapidly evolving online travel market. A lively mix of discussion and data reveals what makes this market so unique, and identifies strategic opportunities and challenges.
This one-hour event is presented by Patricia Rasore, PhoCusWright's director, Latin America, and is followed by a 15-minute Q&A session.
- Discussion of regional diversity and demographics, and their impact on total and online travel industry development
- Global market share by region
- Market sizing – including online adoption, country highlights and projections – through 2012
- Noteworthy trends by sector (air, lodging, tour operator, and rental car) and booking channel (supplier-direct, OTAs and traditional agencies)
- Analysis of changing regional dynamics, key challenges and opportunities for business innovation in travel