PhoCusWright's Consumer Traveler Technology Trends – a PhoCusWright Webinar held November 9, 2011 – explores online travelers' adoption and usage of mobile phones and online social networks. The event highlights the travel-specific activities that consumers engage in through social media and on their mobile devices, and how this behavior impacts their travel experience – before, during and after their trip.
This one-hour event is presented by Carroll Rheem, PhoCusWright's director, research, and moderated by Cathy Schetzina, director, communications and senior research analyst. The format consists of a 45-minute presentation, followed by a 15-minute Q&A session.
- Analysis of online travelers' ownership of mobile phones and Web-enabled devices, including smartphone usage and adoption
- Discussion of general and travel-related activities that consumers perform on their mobile devices, such as accessing maps and navigation, conducting travel research and booking, and posting trip updates on their social networks
- Overview of social media activity among online travelers, including how they use social networks to facilitate travel planning and to share travel information
- Examination of the most popular social networks, and the social media channels and features that are most influential in consumers' travel planning
Today's travelers are embracing new technology at a record pace, and understanding these trends is essential for businesses to stay in sync with their with increasingly tech-savvy customers. PhoCusWright's Consumer Traveler Technology Trends
– Sponsored by Kony – delivers unique insight into key travel technology trends, so that companies can strategically position themselves in this dynamic marketplace.