Thanks to changes to banking infrastructure and telecom, India's growing consumer class of well-educated, tech-savvy and upwardly mobile people are migrating online and eager to indulge in their wanderlust. Seeking convenience as well as value, the new Indian traveler is increasingly comfortable experimenting with new shopping and booking methods. However, the country remains a mix of tradition and modernity – offline channels continue to play a role and competition in the online space leads to eroding travel margins for suppliers and intermediaries.
Phocuswright's Indian Holiday and Packages Market: Now Empowered, Travelers Take Control provides a picture of India's holiday traveler population. The report tracks the incidence of packaged travel purchases among Indian holiday travelers, analyzing drivers, inhibitors, channels and purchase patterns for bundled travel.
- Insight into general travel behavior, including offline and online shopping, booking and payment preferences
- Mobile adoption trends
- Analysis into packaged versus non-packaged travel buyers
- Hotel purchase behavior among leisure travelers
Purchase Phocuswright's Indian Holiday and Packages Market: Now Empowered, Travelers Take Control to better understand the consumer dynamics and preferences shaping online travel growth in India.
Interested in exploring Asia Pacific's meteoric rise in the global travel market? Learn more HERE.
- Overview, Methodology and Research Highlights
- Objectives and Methodology
- Research Objectives
- Research Highlights
- Who Is the Indian Holiday Traveler?
- Quick Stats
- General Leisure Travel Behavior
- Most Significant Trip
- Quick Stats
- Destination Selection
- Product Type
- Research and Shopping
- Booking and Payment
- Mobile: Devices and Apps