Not long ago, vacation rental was considered the Wild West of the lodging industry: large, intriguing, a landscape with vast opportunity, but also untamed, massively fragmented, beset by legacy business practices and non-existent service standards.
But Phocuswright's landmark 2008 study, Phocuswright's Vacation Rental Marketplace: Poised for Change, revealed a US$24 billion marketplace – and a revolution underway. Online vacation rental has since emerged as a major marketplace, competing directly with hoteliers for the leisure traveler. Fresh business models, powerful new technologies and profound upheaval in the search-shop-buy process are rewriting the rules for just about everyone.
Sponsor this upcoming Special Project and uncover the patterns and potential within the online vacation rental arena.
Research topics include:
- Market Sizing What is the size of the U.S. market in terms of inventory and rental revenue?
- The Economy How has the market evolved since the U.S. economic and real estate recession of 2008 – 2009?
- Consumer Behavior How are consumers searching for, shopping and booking vacation rentals?
- Product Evolution How has the vacation rental product – including service levels – and consumer expectations evolved?
- Disruptive New Models How are new entrants such as Airbnb and Pegasus' Solutions Vacation Rental Switch (VRS) changing the marketplace?
- Big Changes What do HomeAway's IPO, TripAdvisor's push into the market and global consolidation among major property management companies mean for vacation rentals?
- The Role of Social How are guest reviews and social networking tools changing the search, shop and decision-making process?
- Online Booking Are U.S. consumers booking vacation rentals online?
- Homeowner Preferences Why do homeowners choose to work with property managers or choose to self-manage (rental by owner)?
- Property Management Trends How have expectations for rental listing sites and property managers changed?
A range of sponsorship options is available – get the answers and deliverables that matter most to your organization.
The project features three major research tracks:
- Vacation Rental Homeowners
- Vacation Rental Management Companies and Distribution
Sponsors can participate in a single research track or choose all three for a true 360-degree view. Several sponsorship levels are available, with fees ranging from US$3,000 to $50,000.
Deliverables can include (depending on sponsorship level):
- Findings, analysis and recommendations delivered electronically as an in-depth PowerPoint presentation
- Analyst presentation via private or group webinar
- Branding and publicity acknowledgement and rights
- PDF copy of a summary report that can be shared internally
- Client kickoff call to provide key points of interest
- Input into survey questions in an interactive process
- Custom and proprietary survey questions
- Tabulated survey results
- Co-branded whitepaper
Design Your Own Sponsorship Package
Let us create the sponsorship package that's right for your company.
Contact our team today: +1 860 350-4084 x501 • Email